Bodybuilding is getting popular day by day and thus the demand for performance enhancers is on a rise. Dianabol Methandrostenolone adds to the list of these supplements. It is one of the anabolic steroids designed specifically to serve the purpose of performance enhancement. It is the favourite choice of those who wish to see a quick and dramatic change within few weeks of their work out. Though it has got potential for bringing about immense muscle gains, the problem lies in the fact that it comes with some serious side effects. Women are not advised to take Dianabol cycles as the virilization symptoms will be strong, even at low dosage.
Dianabol side effects on men
Following are some of the most commonly observed side effects of Dbol-
- Hepatotoxic effect: It is basically drug-induced liver injury. Dianabol, if taken in excess can cause damage to the liver. So, it is very important to limit the Dbol dosage as well as the length of cycles. This will minimise the risk of causing long term damage to the liver. Alcohol and other hepatotoxic substances that cause strain on the liver should be strictly prohibited while using Dianabol.
- Estrogenic side effects: These include water retention and Gynecomastia. Heavy water retention leads to high blood pressure as well as other cardiovascular side effects. Gynecomastia is a condition of swelling of breast tissue. Both water retention and Gynecomastia takes place due to conversion of estrogen.
- Androgenic side effects: In addition to estrogenic effects, Dianabol gives rise to Androgenic side effects which means it promotes male characteristics like oily skin and acne. It triggers male pattern baldness. Dianabol is a descendant of Testosterone but possesses a milder androgenic strength when compared to Testosterone. But, the androgenic side effects of Dbol are still prominent and should not be taken lightly.
- Behavioral changes are also noticed among Dbol users. Unprovoked aggression is seen quite commonly.
- The side effects vary with each user depending on how prone the user is to the side effect.
- Dianabol Methandrostenolone should not be taken by those suffering from high blood pressure as it increases the blood pressure.
- Testosterone suppression is also a commonly seen adverse side effect of Dianabol.
- Feminization: It’s a long term side effect that occurs only in men. Conversion of testosterone into female sex hormone estrogen leads to various female characteristics in men. It can be battled by supplementing the steroid cycle with an anti-estrogen.
- Depression, mood swings are some other side effects of Dbol.
Ni cases of Dianabol poisoning have been reported. That means acute overdose of this substance is unlikely. But this in no way means that prolonged exposure to Dbol overdose is safe. There still lingers the potential hazards that could develop in months of using this steroid. The short-life period of this drug helps in quick removal of the drug from the body.
So, it is vital not to neglect the Dianabol side effects on men. Remember, a healthy mind resides in a healthy body!