The drive – the spin bike has a belt drive system and unlike the chain mechanism it does not make a lot of noise and is smooth in its operation. The belt is connected to the flywheel by the crankset and is enclosed in a guard to prevent dirt from entering the machine. Pedals are made up of alloy aluminum with toe cages and straps to secure the feet and prevent slippage due to sweat.
Resistance – the friction resistance system used in this bike offers a challenging workout experience. You can adjust the resistance using the tension knob on the main frame tubing. But there are no resistance level markings on the knob. You can use the tension knob as a brake too. The felt pad can easily wear out due to friction but that depends upon the frequency of usage for exercise.
The console – there is a monitor on the spin bike to keep a track of your workout details such as speed, calories burned, distance, time, and SCAN function. There is a settings button on the console for users to monitor and set the display data.
Accessories – the bike comes equipped with a phone bracket and water bottle holder that are useful accessories during a workout.
Storage – as it is a compact bike with a footprint of just 42.9 inches and width of 18.9 inches and it requires 5 feet in length and 2 feet wide storage space. There are transport wheels to enable portability.
User reviews – the users have overall positive reviews and ratings about the product on websites such as Amazon.com.
Pros of the bike —
- Reasonably priced product.
- Sturdy, durable and solid.
- Smooth and quiet workout.
- The flywheel is 49 pounds in weight for consistent and smooth workouts.
- 4-way adjustable seat and 2-way adjustable handlebars.
- Foam coating on handlebars for better grip.
- Friction resistance system at the pedals.
- The monitor allows tracking workout details.
- Has a maximum user weight capacity of 264 pounds.
- Belt driven system for longevity.
- Transport wheels make portability easier.
- Easy to assemble.
This equipment is available at south bay gym.