Domino’s is the largest Pizza restaurant chain serving its products in more than 70 countries worldwide. Domino’s was established in the year 1960 in Michigan, United States by two brothers James and Tom Monaghan. Basically, Domino’s was started from a small pizza shop in Michigan near to Eastern Michigan University. In 1965, they opened two more stores in Michigan and from where the logo of Domino’s is made. This logo represents the three restaurants of Domino’s established in 1965.
Domino’s Worldwide Popularity
A variety of pizzas are produced by Domino’s according to the area served. Along with this, some other fast food and beverages are also supplied by Domino’s. Currently, there are 13,811 stores of Domino’s worldwide and counting, according to the reports of the year 2017. In Canada, a variety of products are available at their restaurants for dine in, pick up and home delivery. Customer service support is also provided by Domino’s in Canada, for any type of before or after sales service contact the concerned department at Domino’s customer service number. Domino’s is a brand which need no explanation, but there are some unknown facts of Domino’s which might you not know.
Amazing Facts About Dominoes
- The three dots in the logo of Domino’s represents the first three Domino’s restaurants that are opened in 1965 in Michigan, USA. Founder has a plan to add a dot in the logo for every new restaurant, but later on he dropped this plan.
- In the first quarter of 2017, there are 14000 restaurants of Domino’s in 85 countries of the world.
- Did anyone know 97% of the franchisees of Domino’s are independently owned and only in USA there are 800 completely independent own restaurants.
- The busiest days of Domino’s in the complete year in Canada is from Christmas to New Year Eve.
- Domino’s set up a record of selling more than 11 million pizzas only on Super Bowl Sunday.
- Domino’s is always trying to add some new stuff in their menu and since 2008 menu of Domino’s 70% menu is completely changed.
- According to the Domino’s reports of 2017, 260,000 employees are working with Domino’s in 85 countries.
- Largest number of Domino’s restaurants in a country is 5,399 in the United States, then India with 1,117 restaurants and Canada with 442 restaurants.
- According to a survey, 95% of the smartphones worldwide contains Domino’s food ordering app.
- Domino’s comes in the top 10 companies which has maximum online transactions per day after Apple and Amazon.
- In the year 2016, the global retail sale of Domino’s worldwide is more than $10.9 billion.
- Only in United States, Domino’s delivery drivers cover 10 million miles in a week.
- In 2009, a clever customer from United States stumbled a promo code that got viral and Domino’s by mistake delivered 11,000 pizzas for free. When officials get to know about this, they disabled the code.
- In 2010, complaints of bad pizza increased to a high extent and Domino’s was forced to admit that their pizza was bad. Then through a newspaper ad they promised to improve the quality.
- In Canada, special customer support department as well as head office was established to help out their customers. Contact the officials for any type of business deals or franchisee related queries at Domino’s head office Canada.